Job Posting: Head Coach (Summer Position – Part Time)
Pure Power Hockey (PPH) is a hockey training system that is designed to improve strength, stamina, speed, agility and power in hockey players. It is an off-ice program that provides the tools to allow hockey players to reach new heights in their athletic and hockey development. We are currently searching for the right person to lead the PPH program in the York Mills (Toronto) area.
The program runs from May 15th – August 25th, 2017.
Why Work for Pure Power Hockey:
- Work alongside experienced strength and conditioning coaches with decades of experience helping athletes reach their potential.
- Implement a program that has produced first round NHL draft picks through proven strength and conditioning principles.
- Experience a dynamic environment where your earning potential is dictated by your drive and desire to make people better.
- Coaches receive 35.00 per session. Sessions are run on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday and range from 60 to 90 minutes in length.
Pure Power Hockey Coaching Duties:
- Implement and coach the PPH program for groups of 3 to 4 hockey players age 10 and older between May 15th and August 25th 2017 in the morning and the evening.
- Recruit and register athletes while promoting the program via social media. Coaches will also be expected to follow up on leads and provide monthly reports to the program manager.
- Network with clients and local sports teams/business leaders to promote Pure Power Hockey.
- Education: Potential candidates will possess a relevant university/college degree or are working towards the completion of a degree in Kinesiology, Physical Education, Sports Administration, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Training Background: Applicants must have relevant experience with personal training, CrossFit, or team dryland training. Familiarity with compound barbell movements, kettlebells and dumbbells, and plyometrics is a necessity.
- Experience: Experience playing professional, semi-professional, high level junior, or collegiate hockey is an asset.
- Certifications: Must hold a current fitness certification, such as CanFitPro, CSCS, CrossFit Level 1, or equivalent along with up to date CPR/AED certifications.
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to thom@tidalcrossFit.com.